Support Worker (temporary, permanent or shift work available)
Job Title: Support Worker
Hours of work: Full-time, Part-time and bank shifts available
Services: Warrington (various locations)
Rate of pay: £8.72 per hour
Help support the most vulnerable people in our community when they need it most – while supporting yourself too.
Warrington Community Living is a local charity that provides support to nearly 500 people in Warrington with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, dementia, mental health issues and older people.
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has meant that we have a greater need for Support Workers than ever before, because, like many others, some of our colleagues are having to self-isolate. We need people to fill these gaps to ensure that we can maintain safe and quality care for the vulnerable people we support during these uncertain times - and that’s where you come in.
Here are the key things you need to know about this Support Worker role in Warrington:
- Bank shifts, temporary contracts or permanent jobs available to suit you and your current needs
- Flexible, full-time or part-time opportunities to fit around other work or childcare commitments you may have
- No previous care work experience required and no need to leave your current job
- Comprehensive training provided on the job and via e-learning
- An opportunity to give something back to our community and support the vulnerable people of society when they need it most
- A chance to experience how rewarding a career in care can be and potentially open doors for your future career
- £8.72 per hour starting salary, with future rises dependent on experience, qualifications and performance
About this role
In this role, you’ll be providing professional, high quality support to people in a way that maximises their independence and allows them to have an excellent quality of life. You’ll also play a crucial role in developing relationships with families, colleagues and other agencies.
Support Workers play a vital role in the lives and happiness of our residents. Therefore, we provide comprehensive, on-the-job and online training to ensure you’re prepared and confident in your job, as well as able to uphold the high standard of care that Warrington Community Living is known for providing.
We pride ourselves on our person-centred approach and want people in our ranks to live and breathe this ethos too. The people we support have care needs which included, but are not limited to, personal, practical, social and domestic support – all of which are pre-agreed with the patient, giving them the opportunity to control their own support.
Above all, you’ll be supporting the people in our care in being active citizens, whether that be in their local community, living environment, or day to day life.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, simply complete the short application form below and we’ll be in touch soon.