Ryfields Village - Support Worker
*Apply now, using the simple form below*
Job Role: Support Worker
Service: Ryfields Village - WA2 7GB
Hours of Work: 33
Rate of pay: £8.21 rising to £8.39 after probation with future rises to £8.55 dependent on experience, qualifications and delivery of the organisational values.
Experience/qualifications needed: None
Ryfields Village is a purpose built retirement village in Orford, Warrington it has lovely communal facilities providing an active retirement for around 270 people some of whom are in receipt of care.
As a support worker at Ryfields you will be supporting older people and people with dementia, to maintain their quality of life in their own homes.
If you would make an excellent carer and want to support people in their own homes but you;
- Don’t drive?
- Don’t have use of a car?
- Don’t have endless credit on your phone?
- You don’t want to spend hours travelling between visits and not being paid for it?
Then working at Ryfields Village may be for you, at Ryfields Village all the residents live in their own home but under one roof, no travelling required and phones are supplied.
You will be part of a team providing 1 to 1 support visits that supports a group of just 10 to 15 residents. With an array of visits throughout your shift which usually last for at least 30 minutes. This will enable you to form strong bonds with the people you are supporting.
During your visits you will provide holistic support including:
- Assisting with day to day tasks
- Getting to know the person and their choices and dreams
- Administering or supporting with medication
- Encourage and enabling the people you are supporting to engage with friends and family
- Support to attend any social activities around the village or beyond
- Help with bathing, washing, dressing and personal care when required
We ask each colleague to do a fair mix of each shift over their 3 week rota.
You can download the job description by clicking on the link below: Job Description/Person Specification
To apply for this post please complete the short application form below:
(The form is just 3 short sections and should take less than 10 minutes to complete)