Job Role: Team Leader
Hours: 18 Month Temporary Position - 21.75 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £9.65 Rising to £9.96 after probation with future rises to £10.49 dependent on experience, qualifications and delivery of the organisational values
As with all of our roles, you will need to be:
- Driven- already working wholeheartedly to the WCL Purpose, Values and Promise and our Respect Statement. This job is about your attitude towards the people we support and your desire to see that delivered to the very best we can manage for each of them as unique individuals
- Hard working- you will need to be prepared to work some very flexible working patterns between the two houses. As you know, the Team Leader role is both a management position but also a hands on role.
- Up for an adventure– so confident in your own skills and knowledge, but also keen and willing to learn and absorb new ways of working especially with regards to management
As a management role we will also be looking for existing:
- Good verbal and written communication skills**
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with others, including the people we support
- Ability to work as a positive member of a working team and understand how to encourage others to do so
- Ability to competently operate Microsoft Office software to include Word and Outlook
You don’t need, but you may also have:
- Experience of taking a leadership or representative role such as acting up roles or being a member of a working group or committee.
Can you keep a promise?
Can you make a difference?
Heathside Mews is a 25 bed residential home based in Penketh. The team at Heathside Mews provide a service for older people who need the support and safety of a shared living environment. The service has a reputation for being reliable and trustworthy. We support older people and people with Dementia with their day to day living needs, personal care and other areas which help people to live their life in a way that meets their needs wants a wished.
Heathside is a 36 bed residential home based in Penketh. The team at Heathside provide a service for older people who need the support and safety of a shared living environment. The service has a reputation for being reliable and trustworthy. We support people with their day to day living needs, personal care and other areas which help people to live their life in a way that meets their needs wants a wished.
Team Leader Brief:
We are changing the structure of the management team at Heathside, our home for older people in Penketh. We have changed the title because we think it better describes the actual role which is more normally leading a shift team of support workers, housekeepers and catering colleagues to deliver high quality, personalised care and support in a busy home environment to the 37 lovely people who live in Heathside.
As a first step into management, this is the ideal opportunity for someone who would like to explore for themselves and also to demonstrate to us their early capabilities in a management role.
You can download the application pack to complete by clicking on the links below.